Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fall does exist?

We live in the hot Arizona valley and don't get to experience much of a fall. The weather is still warm and the trees are greenish-brown. Don't get me wrong, I love this city and I am glad we don't get the crazy winter weather others experience but, sometimes I yearn to see those beautiful yellow, orange and red leaves covering the trees and the cool ground. 
Well, this weekend, we decided to take a day trip up North to Flagstaff and Sedona. It was so nice to get out of the heat and enjoy some family time. On our way up, we decided to stop by Montezuma's Well. The well was gorgeous and the walk down to the creek was even more beautiful.
Once we arrived in Flagstaff, we started by exploring the NAU campus. I wish I could go there. The campus is amazing. I love ASU but NAU would be a nice change.
We started to get quite hungry and went downtown to get some food then play at a local park. The park was very crowded but it was fun seeing the children climbing everywhere including the trees and there was a lot of laughter. Addi really enjoyed swinging. 
We finally began our journey down South going through Sedona. We stopped at a few look out points. I am absolutely terrified of heights and had a few anxiety attacks while walking on the trails with long drops on one side. Addilyn's favorite part was playing in the red dirt, dumping it down the back of her shirt.
It was a wonderful little day trip. We definitely needed some cool, fresh air. Here are some pictures from our short fall adventure:



No comments: