Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Addilyn learns:

Tonight, Addi and I were taking a shower as we usually do. She has certain toys that she plays with but she brought in a small Tupperware container that she usually fills with water. I love to watch her explore and figure out how things work or how they can be manipulated. Anyway, she decided to put the container to her ear and let drops of water hit the outside of it. She looked up at me with a curious face as she listened with the container cupped around her little ear. She then switched to the other ear. She was intrigued by the sounds she heard coming from the outside of the small container. It reminded me of the first time, as a child, that you experience putting a sea shell to your ear and listening to the ocean.
After listening for a while, Addi decided that it was my turn to experience the thrill of Tupperware over your ear. She put it to my ear with a cute little grin on her face. I listened and then she went on to her next activity.
I have enjoyed experiencing these little moments with Addilyn. It may not seem like that big of a deal to others but, she is learning every second of the day and it is absolutely amazing. Sure, there are bigger steps she takes and more words she is learning. However, sometimes I like to focus on the small things because those are the things that get forgotten so quickly yet, are so intriguing in the moment.
I sure do love our growing girl.

No comments: