Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New additions...

Well it has been a while since I have updated. Navin and I have started new jobs over the summer and I began yet another semester of school in August. Navin is back to being a Corrections Officer and I am an assistant to a PA at an orthopedic surgeons office. I love my new job and learn so much! I cannot wait until I am able to attend PA school. It will be tough but I have a lot of support from Navin.

In other news... we are now a family of five!


Yes, that is right. We have acquired yet another dog. We now have Beans, Rice and Carlos.

I have to include some pictures of Carlos when we first got him because he is too cute to resist: here we go!
He still dives into the bowl to eat his food.
This is why he is so chunky. 

He fell asleep while chewing on my slipper.
 
He fell asleep inside the doggy door. When we
first got him, he would run around for five minutes
and then pass out wherever he was.

He was only about 4 weeks in these pictures. He is now about 14 weeks and getting over the parvovirus. He is back to being a terror and pretty much the worst puppy we have ever had. Hopefully, his behavior will improve soon! 

Speaking of additions... we became a family of five in August, but in May we will become a family of SIX!! I know what you are thinking: NOT ANOTHER DOG??!! 


No, we are not getting another dog. We are expecting our first BABY!!! We are so incredibly excited! We have been together a total of almost six years and now we are adding another human to the mix. We figured we should probably even out the dog to human ratio in our house. Three dogs and three people all living under one roof. Soon we will be like the Duggars, only with 19 dogs and counting. 

Anyway, my due date is May first and I am almost thirteen weeks along. Last week we were able to hear the heart beat for the first time! The best thing about this is that I have not been really sick just extremely tired. I still have lost weight ( I weigh less than I did before I became pregnant), but I have a feeling that will be changing soon. 

Here is baby's first picture at 7 1/2 weeks:






7 comments:

Michele said...

Liz! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys! I wasn't ever really sick either. I did find that if I started not feeling too well that if I ate something I would feel better. Just a thought. Sleep lots and enjoy this time! It is truly amazing.

Tracy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! woo hoo for babys! I am so happy for you! ... your little dog is adorable too.

j & s said...

Yay! I love your little bean already!

Allie said...

Aww, baby bean. It's a little plum now. I can't wait to be an auntie!! Little Carlos was such a funny little guy. I love those pictures of him. Love you guys!!

PS. You said, "...and I am not an assistant to a PA...." ha ha. I'm only pointing that out because it's a typo, otherwise, your writing is very good and witty. =)

afton said...

after seeing these pictures of little doggy carlos i'm totally okay with you guys having another dog. (i know, you were worried i wouldn't be. haha) and double yay for the baby! i seriously can't wait to see the little one. i just know it's going to be the cutest!

Candi said...

congrats!!!! probably going to be the cutest baby ever!

Brad and Jamie Porter said...

yyyaaaaa I am so dang excited for you guys!!!!